Genre: Drama, Action/Adventure
A Marine Colonel, burnt out and suffering from PTSD after his platoon is ambushed outside Baghdad, retires early and is living in a small desert community in solitude for his remaining years. Soon this peaceful existence is interrupted when fugitive bank robbers and drug runners collide in the isolated desert town. With police outnumbered he must call on his military skills to save it from the marauding intruders.
Teller: Angelica Alejandro
Deputy: Brandon Knox
Narrator: Katelyn Varadi
Robber #1: Charles Gordon
Accomplice: Gabriel Darku
F Accomplice: Carina Cojeen
Get to know the writer:
1. What is your screenplay about?
A career Marine Colonel, burnt out and suffering from PTSD after his Platoon is ambushed outside of Baghdad, retires early and is living in a small desert community in solitude for his remaining years. Soon this peaceful existence is interrupted when a trio of fugitive bank robbers and a group of drug runners collide in the isolated desert town. With local law enforcement outnumbered and outgunned, he must recall his military skills to save the town from the marauding intruders.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
The main character is someone I think everybody can relate to, the “Accidental hero” type of character audiences cheer for. Also the intertwined story lines with the Bank Robbers and the Drug Dealers ending up in the town keeps the pace of the story going and would make the audience think “Okay, what’s next?” Overall an edge of your seat kind of story.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
John Carpenter’s Halloween
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
Three months. Several re-writes.
7. How many stories have you written?
Specs…Three Horror, Three suspense thrillers, Five character driven dramas. Also a TV series spec and three short screenplays.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Wow, tricky….I’d say any song from the original BOSTON Album.
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Inter-cutting the action sequences in the final showdown, trying to keep the pace credible. Also, did several rewrites on the development of the protagonist so he would be more sympathetic character instead of just someone who was this walking, talking action figure.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Reading biographies (Inspirational) Real Estate investing and photography.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
Great experiences. A combination of encouragement and guidance through my writing screenplays have been extremely beneficial!!
Producer: Matthew Toffolo http://www.matthewtoffolo.com
Director: Matthew Toffolo
Casting Director: Sean Ballantyne
Editor: Kimberly Villarruel
Camera Op: Mary Cox