Genre: Action, Adventure
A battlefield medic and her Marine unit in Afghanistan investigate a missing patrol to discover a legendary wild man may be responsible.
Jose: Scott Beaudin
Franco: Nick Wicht
Narrator: John Fray
Cierra: Val Cole
Maya: Kierston Drier
Get to know the writer:
1. What is your screenplay about?
After the massacre of her patrol unit by a legendary wild man, a critically wounded battlefield medic must find a way to radio for help before she bleeds out — or gets discovered by the wild man — in the deserts of Afghanistan.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Horror. Action. Military Action. Urban. Sci-fi.
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
I think the interesting factor about this story is it’s not only based on true events, but the main character is a female battlefield medic and famous YouTuber.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
Interesting and fresh.
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
Probably Star Wars.
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
Close to a year.
7. How many stories have you written?
Too many to count.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Not so much a favorite song. My two favorite artists I listen to most though are Rochelle Jordan and Aya Trenier.
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
The research on battlefield medics and their practical emergency applications was a definite challenge.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
DEFINITELY wanting to see the under-represented writer/director/producer have their moment to shine.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
Honestly I love it. Introduced me to competitions I didn’t even know existed.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
The ease of use of the website I think was a major influence. And I thought the reviews were fair and honest.
Producer: Matthew Toffolo http://www.matthewtoffolo.com
Director: Kierston Drier
Casting Director: Sean Ballantyne
Editor: Kimberly Villarruel
Camera Op: Mary Cox